Learning media studies prepares students to solve different types of problems in creative and socially engaged ways. Operating on this premise, I devise my courses so students develop both critical skills to analyze the media and technologies they interact with and creative practices to intervene in the world around them.
- Emerging Media and Identity. Elective graduate seminar.
- Publics and Counterpublics. Elective graduate seminar.
- Critical Approaches to Emerging Media Studies. Core graduate seminar.
- Global Media Cultures. Upper-division seminar.
- Critical Media Theories. Upper-division seminar.
- Networked Identities. Upper-division seminar.
- Reading Media Critically. Lower-division seminar.
- Media Histories. Lower-division lecture.
To read the syllabi for any of these courses, feel free to contact me.